I’ve compiled a free ebook on booking a show for your band in cities within a four hour drive of Houston. It lists venues and their contact information as well as some contact templates and basic advice for how to get your band booked.

Many of the ideas inside of here were developed through extensive discussions with bands and individual artists as well as the monthly Bandcampus sessions.  The venue listings were obtained through publicly listed information and a great thanks goes out to Katie Brown for helping to compile it all. All of the information contained within this ebook is something that I feel every band could use so I’m posting it for free.

Free eBook on Booking Your Band in Texas

If you like this ebook and find it helpful, please consider blogging a link back to this post so that peole know where to get the book. If you’d like to share copies with someone else, please point them to this post instead of the file directly so that I can make edits without concern.

Also, if this book makes you happy please leave a comment below this post. I’d love to know what you think about the work.

Thanks!

Booking Your Band in Texas (pdf format).

P.S. If you’d like just the venue listing without the helpful guidance on how to book your band, leave a comment below so I know how many people would like the venue listing in a google document format.

7 Comments

1. Awesome job my friend. You kick some serious arse.

Posted February 2, 2010 at 8:39 am | Permalink

2. Matthew brangin that mojo we all need to H-town!

Posted February 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

3. Thanks for the info! Great ebook! Looking forward to booking more shows! :)

Posted February 2, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

4. matthew

Chris, Thanks for checking it out!

Amanda, looking forward to hearing how this helps your band.

Posted February 3, 2010 at 9:39 am | Permalink

5. we’ve recieved 3 replies so far from Austin venues ready to book us. This book is amazing and is helping us make some great advances in our pre-CD release performances.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Posted February 4, 2010 at 10:33 am | Permalink

6. matthew

Winter,

Glad to hear that the book has been helpful so far. Keep us all posted. Congratulations!

Posted February 4, 2010 at 10:53 am | Permalink

7. Tony Housley

I’ve just come across your site, and this particular document. I’d love to get a copy. I’m assuming the document has been removed, if possible, I’d appreciate obtaining a copy of the e-book.

Thanks,

Tony

Posted April 25, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

One Trackback

1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by organprinter: Free ebook on Booking Your Band in Texas http://bit.ly/ae3BLo...

By uberVU - social comments on February 3, 2010 at 5:12 am