Bandcampus: SXSW PREP Posted in Music, News

As many in the tech, film and music communities know, SXSW is one of the biggest creative festivals held each year. It presents people working in these fields the opportunity to get discovered and add momentum to an already working machine. In recent years though, SXSW has been inundated with such large numbers of people that it is difficult to have any impact. In fact, many people in the music community of Houston choose not to attend the conference and not to bother sending in applications for music showcases for fear of rejection and a general perception that it is a waste of time and resources.

There are still many very good reasons to attend SXSW and there are even more unexplored ways to maximize your impact at the conference. The fact that the conference is so close to Houston makes it worth your while to attend even without a badge or wristband. Many industry professionals are in Austin during the week of music and the setting provides a good opportunity to contact and meet them to talk about your career. Label, booking and promotional companies also attend and fruitful research can be accomplished by sitting down with them for meetings. Additionally, with the rise of non-SXSW-sanctioned parties running virtually around the clock, the need to play a SXSW showcase is significantly less important than it was several years ago.

In personal communication with bands over the past couple years I’ve talked about how important it is to take control of your career and do game changing things to get noticed and build your audience. As a band working for itself, SXSW is the perfect staging grounds for this philosophy and the best way to accomplish this is to cut through the noise.

Don’ts:

• Don’t play 9 shows in 4 days; those last shows are going to be low on energy and probably not represent your band in the way you wish to portray yourselves.
  • Don’t try and play the hottest party at SXSW; you probably don’t know what it is and if you did you’d already have representation working for you.
  • Don’t expect to be discovered at SXSW and have everything handed to you from now on

Do’s:

• Look at what everyone else is doing and take a right turn from that
  • Do play (at least) one show that will have the desired impact to get you noticed by any potential fans, not just that talent scout: a guerrilla show in the middle of the street, on the back of a flatbed truck while driving around, play your music blasting from a boombox while walking down the street, hang shirts of your band just out of reach on telephone poles near the convention
  • Do your research beforehand to target the people you want to work with, write them beforehand, and get a committment to meet with them to talk
  • Do attend Bandcampus: SXSW PREP at Caroline Collective on February 28th from 2-4pm to make plans to attack SXSW and get your digital and physical toolbox in order

That last part is key. This Sunday at Caroline Collective we will be holding the latest installment of Bandcampus, entitled SXSW PREP. Similar to last year, this will be a workshop pairing volunteers with musical artists working to get prepared for SXSW with the following goals:

1. Prepare press materials and basic online presence items for bands interested in attending SXSW.
Any band playing in Austin during SXSW needs to be prepared to promote themselves given the chance. Playing a show is just the start of that promotion. Artists need a press kit, songs hosted online, video posted online, booking and contact information somewhere as well as physical cds to sell to interested parties or to give to record labels or booking agents. Many bands are unprepared for this situation and are lacking many of these items. By providing musicians with creative experts bands can receive focused attention to generate or upload these items to a location on the internet that raises the artists’ visibility.

2. Announce the bands that will be playing at Houston@SXSW, a Houston focused party showcasing Houston musicians, filmmakers and technologists.
This year we will be holding the second Houston@SXSW party. Last year’s party, held at Gruv, sponsored by Kirtsy, Werkadoo, Schipul, AYNBrand, and Caroline Collective , was a locally focused party showcasing Houston talent in three areas: technology, film and music. The following artists showcased: Dave WranglerWestern CivilizationWayside DriveBen WesleyEspantapajarosGolden CitiesLiquid KitchenTha Fucking TransmissionsAmerican SharksSomething Fierce, and Fat Tony / B L A C K I E.

This year’s party will again focus on the contributions of Houston’s creative professionals. Startups will present, films will be shown and musical artists will showcase. This year’s party will be held at Hudson’s (301 W. 5th), Monday, March 15th from 5pm-2am. Last year’s music was curated by myself selected from the bands who attended Bandcampus: SXSW PREP. This year’s showcasing bands will be selected by the community. That means you. And your community.

Pay attention because we are going to do this very quickly. Nominations are open as of now and will close on Thursday, February 25th at noon. If you are in a band, know a band or like a band, DO THIS NOW: nominate them in the comment section below.

Starting Thursday at noon, voting will open for all bands who were nominated. Voting details, site and rules will be given on Wednesday. Voting will close on Sunday, February 28th at noon. Bands who are selected to play the party will be announced at Sunday’s Bandcampus: SXSW PREP.

Sunday’s Bandcampus: SXSW PREP is for 1) Houston musicians attending SXSW as official selections, 2) Houston musicians interested in playing at the  Houston focused day party, 3) Bands looking to get their physical/online toolbox and online presence set up or checked by industry professionals, and 4) industry professionals looking to donate a couple hours to help bands generate/solidify these materials.

We need skilled graphic designers, web developers, copywriters, PR reps or any other creative professional which would be able to donate time and services for a couple hours to help bands prepare their online presence and press materials for SXSW.

WHAT: Bandcamp: SXSW PREP
WHEN: February 28th, 2-4pm
WHERE: Caroline Collective, 4820 Caroline Houston, TX
WHY: Prepare for SXSW, find out who’s playing Houston@SXSW; a free showcase of Houston creative professionals

126 Comments

1. Bru

I nominate Prairie Cadets for several reasons – we’ve been faithful BandCampus attendees, we will bust our ass to spread the word promotion-wise, and lastly – we have a new drummer and our songs sound kickass. Seriously. We’d play it even if our schedules meant driving there, playing, and driving back.

Looking forward to the next BC, and to SXSW, even if for some shoddy reason we don’t get to play.

P.S. – That Monday is the 15th, not the 13th.
    EDITOR NOTE: Date change has been made. Thanks, Marc.

Posted February 22, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

2. David F.

Humbly nominate myself, Golden Arrow Holy Face, to represent the songwriting side of Houston. Noise and rock will fill the bill, but let’s show SXSW we’ve got words to back it up. I also nominate the otherwise unnamed “Girl Band” led by Sandy Ewen et al. They’ve only played one show, but it’s got me more pumped about this city than anything I’ve seen in a long time. It would probably be a logistics hurdle to get them all there, but wanted to express how rad they are.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:39 am | Permalink

3. Humbly submitted for your consideration, The Snake Charmers. Besides being part of BandCampus from Day 1, we represent a bit of the old school, hoping to be something of a bridge between Houston’s rich blues heritage and the ever-expanding contemporary music scene.

It would mean a lot to us to be selected so hope you’ll throw us a bone. Er, vote.

Thank you very, very much!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:02 am | Permalink

4. Wayside Drive. They should play. Definitely. Absolutely. They’ve got some new music coming out and so the timing is especially perfect. Yes.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:54 am | Permalink

5. Joe

There are many bands I like and that I think are deserving. Most of which come from Band Campus. I’m thinking Wayside Drive, , Snake Charmers, and Prairie Cadets off the top of my head.

One note about INH, they are doing their album release party two nights before, so doing this will either be logistically difficult or building on good momentum.

Oh yeah, Glasnost would be cool too (Chuck Costello is a BC regular).

Posted February 23, 2010 at 9:05 am | Permalink

6. I’d like to nominate myself [Hi$TORY] for this. ive been wanting to perform at SXSW for 2 years and my music has improved and ive worked hard to the point where i think i should deserve a spot in this.
    I can do some pretty sick DJ sets with my music. i do alot of dance music, hiphop and electro. i have a remix going to be featured on a baltimore artists EP coming within the next few months.

you can check my music here http://www.djhistorymusic.wordpress.com

Posted February 23, 2010 at 9:40 am | Permalink

7. I would like to nominate myself, Chase Hamblin, and my band to play the showcase. My band includes Geoffery Muller, Robert Ellis, Corey Power & Jeremy Nuncio. Thank you!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 11:44 am | Permalink

8. Tony

I nominated Peekaboo Theory to play :-)

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

9. Dan Workman and I have presented at BC and hope to do so again… a little news and a nomination..

this year’s SXSW Iteration of Southern Backtones is kind of special, in addition to frontman Hank Schyma and drummer Todd Sommer…. Dan and I will be playing with the Tones. Dan on bass and yours truly on guitar and backing vox.

The boys are getting ready to release a great new record and we would love to share some new tunes and represent H-Town.

We are playing Levi’s Fader Fort on the 18th at 9:45.

Best of luck to you all. Thanks for representing H-town! Remember “Houston is the Shit!”

Thanks for your consideration.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

10. niccci

Peekaboo Theory…… Enough said!!!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

11. Tony

I think Peekaboo Theory deserves a shot. They’ve been hustling for a while now and have the chops to follow through on a opportunity like this. My 2 cents

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

12. I nominate Souther Backtones for the Band Campus Blog

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

13. Jamie F.

I nominate Southern Backtones!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

14. Katy Huggins

The Southern Backtones: Their sound is unique — only keeping you wanting more — and this loyal Houston following definitely nominates the rockin’ Southern Backtones!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

15. Travis Johns

SOUTHERN BACKTONES!!!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

16. I would like to nominate The Southern Backtones from Houston would be great. Great sound and performers!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

17. Dwight Cook

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones for the showcase!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

18. Laurette

Hands down Houston’s best, Southern Backtones, must be nominated. I was taught if you can’t say it better, then quote someone who did.

“Southern Backtones is not Southern rock. It is a sea of expansive, dark rock with the unmistakable, vampy touch of David Bowie and the indigo mood of Echo & the Bunnymen.” – Houston Chronicle

I rest my case.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

19. nicole

Peekaboo Theory!!! They are amazing live…. You won’t be disappointed!!! And they are sexy…..

Posted February 23, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

20. Southern Backtones for the showcase!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

21. Eeek.. this is a toughie, what with the great choices we have. I’ve had the pleasure of working with one though, and therefore nominate Insert Name Here. Great group of guys who are very passionate about what they are doing and really have the drive to make it work.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

22. Henry Yau

You MUST, MUST, MUST include The Southern Backtones. They are finishing up a great new record!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

23. Amanda

I vote Peekaboo Theory. They work hard, their performances are always on point and full of energy, and their music is very well crafted to say the least. Definitely a must see/hear.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

24. Sam

I nominate Peekaboo Theory to play the showcase. They are seriously some of the most talented musicians I have ever seen play live.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

25. I feel its always good to go with forward progression….PEEKABOO THEORY Thanks!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

26. G_U_X nominates Peekaboo Theory keep the train moving for HOuston Music!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

27. Jeff Walton

I proudly nominate Southern Backtones!

(insert applause here)

Posted February 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

28. Tandy Sommer

Southern Backtones: whether it’s their old or new material, it’s always solid. I love seeing their live shows as much as I enjoy their CDs.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

29. Vero

I agree w/ Nicole!! PEEKABOO THEORY! (dead sexy and great live show!)

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

30. V.Dubz

Peekaboo Theory all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

31. Peekaboo Theory should most definitely play the party. To me, they represent the talent and hard work that define Houston’s music scene. It would not only be a pleasure to see them play at the party, but they deserve it as well. They consistently grind in the Houston music scene. My vote is Peekaboo Theory all the way.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

32. I would like to nominate my band, Alkari, to play. Also, consider The Manichean, Giant Battle Monster, and The Gold Sounds, three of my favorite Houston bands that deserve your attention. I will be at SXSW all week cheering on all my favorite bands, Houston bands included. We are still trying to nail down an unofficial party or two to play at. Finally, a personal plug – go to The Festival at Mink #2 on Saturday!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

33. Laurie

PEEKABOO THEORY- they’re of the best in Houston. Maybe anywhere. That could be a stretch. But they are a very talented band and they deserve this.

Posted February 23, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

34. I’m also recommending Peekaboo Theory play. The talent in that band is beyond belief. I can’t help but love them. Go and represent the people of Montrose/Houston/Texas!

Posted February 23, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

35. Thomas King

I would like to nominate the Southern Backtones. Their music is way cool, they have great babes in their video, and their guitarist can make the Neal Schon Face. What more could you possibly need?
    HaChaaa
    TK

Posted February 24, 2010 at 12:06 am | Permalink

36. Shannon Gilliam

Go Southern Backtones, you’ve got my nom! Looking forward to the addition of Ross Wells and Dan Workman!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 7:23 am | Permalink

37. i’de like to nominate myself nosaprise to play this. can i do that? im doin it anyways. New Ep Horseshoes and Hand Grenades coming April Fools day!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:00 am | Permalink

38. also i’de like to nominate my band Screwtape. real shit!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:02 am | Permalink

39. chris

I vote peekaboo theory. The cd is good and the live shows rock. Good band.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:32 am | Permalink

40. Elle

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

41. Gia

I nominate Peekaboo Theory.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Permalink

42. Mitchell

I’ve only seen them play once, but that was enough to get me hooked for life: Peekaboo Theory!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | Permalink

43. debbie

peekaboo theory should play!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:33 am | Permalink

44. Tracy

I nominate The Southern Backtones!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:42 am | Permalink

45. Tina Zulu

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:44 am | Permalink

46. Peekaboo Theory would be awesome to play this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:49 am | Permalink

47. Meredith

Peekaboo Theory Rocks!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:57 am | Permalink

48. DelaCooper

Two words….Southern Backtones.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:57 am | Permalink

49. Mer Mer Morgan

Peekaboo Theory gets my vote!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:01 am | Permalink

50. I nominate Female Demand to play! Rad live shows! Loud noises!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:05 am | Permalink

51. filmhouston

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones, The McKenzies (although they’re not together anymore), and the Flamin’ Hellcats!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:11 am | Permalink

52. Diva

Peekaboo Theory please!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:12 am | Permalink

53. Karri

I love Peekaboo Theory…. and their video!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:13 am | Permalink

54. Matt McClung

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Permalink

55. Stacy

Peekaboo Theory rocks! I love going to see their shows and the new video is so very good.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:18 am | Permalink

56. Deneva

I vote for peekaboo theory! They are hands down the best!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:49 am | Permalink

57. david boddie

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones

Posted February 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

58. marie

I nominate Southern Backtones

Posted February 24, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

59. i nominate the southern backtones. they’re the bomb.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

60. Rochelle

The Southern Blacktones rock the free world!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

61. Peekaboo Theory is an incredible band….totally off the chart badass. No doubt about it… can we all play? :-)

Posted February 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

62. Captain Cool

Southern Backtones for sure!!! Getting that band together with Ross and Dan would be something magical. Go H-Town

Posted February 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

63. Nominating Southern Backtones!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

64. Dana

Peekaboo Theory!! I’ve seen them many times and they’re always AWESOME!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

65. Beth a Neesha

Peekaboo! Peekaboo! Peekaboo Theory

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

66. christian jordan

I want to nominate Southern Backtones!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

67. Sheri

Southern Backtones!!! Big international sound from our hometown.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

68. Merideth Melville

Southern Backtones always rock the house!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

69. I would like to nominate Southern Backtones

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

70. I nominate Glasnost. I manage these guys, so I’ll admit, I’m biased, but I can honestly say they are solid. These guys have been working for the past several months on a new album with killer tracks. Their set live set is amazingly produced, and even though it is electronic music, they are actually playing live instruments. Glasnost would be an excellent addition to a Houston showcase as SXSW.

You can check them out their performance at Live From SugarHill Studios – Episode 7 this past fall.

-chuck

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

71. Rick

..and the nomination goes to… The Southern Backtones

Posted February 24, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

72. Eric

Peekaboo Theory all the way!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

73. Josh

Southern Backtones, Chase Hamblin, Tyagaraja

Posted February 24, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

74. I nominate Southern Backtones.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

75. mike trigg

In this round, SOUTHERN BACKTONES, please.
    The amount of talent in Houston is stunning. This city will be discovered.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

76. Stacy

I nominate Peekaboo Theory. They rock and they’re hot!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

77. Brandon

I nominate GLASNOST!! You need some disco in your lineup!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

78. jl

GLASNOST from houston.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

79. I nominate Glasnost!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

80. Big Jim

I nominate GLASNOST.. because talent should never be overlooked..

Posted February 24, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

81. Arthur

I’d like to nominate InsertNameHere as well! We have been at every bandcampus since our first one except one because of a recording conflict. Our record comes out two days before and it would be awesome to build from that steam. C’mon!!! Also we wanted in last year, and this year we are definitely ready.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

82. Brittney

InsertNameHere and Wayside Drive. INH has a hogtie bass player. ;-)

Posted February 24, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

83. Brittney

Should have said hottie. Damn auto correct. INH!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

84. Arthur

I’d also like to nominate Wayside Drive, Prarie Cadets, thelastplaceyoulook, and Mechanical Boy. Just some folks I wouldn’t mind seeing.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

85. I nominate GLASNOST!!!!! THEY ROOOOCK!!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

86. Lady Luck

I nominate Glasnost. They are hot and their guitar player is even hotter!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

87. SBT

Posted February 24, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

88. Lisa

Glasnost!!!!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

89. Henry

Glasnost is a must. I would like to nominate them, please. Thanks.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

90. Brittany

I nominate Southern Backtones. Great band, awesome sound, and hearing Ross and Dan added to the mix will be bad ass.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

91. Brandy

Glasnost!! <<<<—-

Posted February 24, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

92. I nominate I-45.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

93. Vocal Polluter will rock SXSW! Get us on the Bill.

Posted February 24, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

94. I vote for I-45!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

95. shana

glasnost!

Posted February 24, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

96. J.T. Not Timberlake

You gotta send CORNBREADD to help Represent us. if you have the oppurtunity to export our talent you can’t lose by sendin him along. Give him a mic and let em lose. He fights for our Houston Honor. I don’t wanna go on a Rant here but,
    He Represented us on a WorldWide MTV Show
    Over 1.5 millions views for his classic youtubes.
    He Bleeds on Stage. Obviously Im a Fan. See y’all in Austin

Posted February 25, 2010 at 5:05 am | Permalink

97. Punky Power

Ditto to the Cornbreadd Comment.
    I second that emotion.
    #SXSW

Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:35 am | Permalink

98. J.T. Not Timberlake

You gotta send CORNBREADD to help represent us. If you have the oppurtunity to export our talents, you can’t lose by sending him along. Give him a mic and let em loose. He fights for our Houston honor. obviously i’m a fan. See ya’ll in Austin.

Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:41 am | Permalink

99. ruby

nominate cornbreadd n the fucking transmissions!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:32 am | Permalink

100. I nominate The Live Lights. These guys have been busting ass this past year and playing all over Texas and Mexico and have scored shows with national acts like Peter Hook(New Order/Joy Division), and DataRock. Best new sound to come out of Houston and great guys!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:54 am | Permalink

101. I would like to nominate Southern Backtones!!! I can’t wait for “La vie en noir” to be released!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:41 am | Permalink

102. vik

The live lights

Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:48 am | Permalink

103. The Live Lights!!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:07 am | Permalink

104. Ramon

Peekaboo Theory. that is all. Good luck to all of you though. We could all use the exposure for sure.

Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:28 am | Permalink

105. senor Chupacabra

I’d like to nominate Peekaboo Theory. (No Brainer) I love the cd. If you haven’t heard it yet you should give it a listen…I do everyday. Their live show may even be better too. You can’t go wrong with these guys.

Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:32 am | Permalink

106. In keeping with my fellow Houstonians, a hearty H-town vote for the Southern Backtones.

Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:51 am | Permalink

107. Nominate CONBREADD! He is HOUSTON personified!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

108. CONBREADD!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

109. Gomez

I would like to nominate Southern Backtones!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

110. Charles Thompson

I nominate Southern Backtones!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

111. Darlenne Powell

I nominate Southern Backtones

Posted February 25, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

112. Jarrod Gullett

Please to nominate the delicious Southern Backtones!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

113. “I vote for The Snake Charmers”

Posted February 25, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

114. David F.

Has voting started or are there just multiple nominations for the same groups?

Posted February 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

115. Fashionably late, as usual… Hoping I’m able to sneak in a shameless nomination for Keaton Branch & The Figure Eight!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

116. Southern Backtones!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

117. GLASNOST!! duhhhhhhhhh

Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

118. Where can we get the low down on voting?

Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

119. s7oned an6el

Cornbreadd = The Fucking Transmissions ;-) who dosent love ‘em!¿

Posted February 25, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

120. Wayne

Southern Backtones… The Best Band In The World.

Posted February 26, 2010 at 7:56 am | Permalink

121. Emma

The Snake Charmer’s! The best little blues band in Texas.

Posted February 26, 2010 at 10:12 am | Permalink

122. Ray

Busting ass to be ready for 2010.. Album drops 03/13/2010!!! We want to represent Band Campus and Houston. Give us a title shot! lol INH!!!

Posted February 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

123. Mig

I love watching them fly on stage! INSERTNAMEHERE!!!

Posted February 26, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Jimson Jolly Vagrants
    Clockpole
    and what the heck

Darwin’s Finches

Posted February 28, 2010 at 10:35 am | Permalink

2 Trackbacks

1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by organprinter: Bandcampus: SXSW PREP http://bit.ly/deVhpS...

By uberVU - social comments on February 23, 2010 at 11:50 am

2. [...] the article here: Bandcampus: SXSW PREP | Matthew Wettergreen dot com Share and [...]